Welcome to the Crop Nutrition Wiki
This "crop nutrition wiki" was created upon the recommendation of the International Fertilizer Industry Association (IFA) Task Force on Effective Last-Mile Delivery, to put online crop and site specific Fertilizer Best Management Practices which can be easily accessed and updated regularly.
We welcome your edits and inputs/contribution of updated, relevant information and pictures on crop nutritient deficiencies and fertilizer recommendations and best practices.
Purpose of the Crop Nutrition Wiki
1. To serve as a guide and database on crop- and site-specific fertilizer recommendations
2. Enhance the use of the internet and webportals to complement the hardcopies/published books and literatures to facilitate access to relevant information
1. Agricultural extension workers
2. Agro-input dealers/retailers
3. Fertilizer industry
4. Farmers and growers
5. Researchers, students and university professors
At this trial stage, the contents of this wiki will focus on three major crops: rice, maize/corn and wheat.
As we do not have enough (or practically no information) for some country/region, we encourage those who these site-specific information on crop nutrition to add their inputs.
A. General information on fertilizer and plant nutrition
B. Crop- and site-specific information
Part 1. Crop general information
*Biology and growth stages
*Pictures of Nutrient deficiency symptoms
a. Macronutrients: N P and K
b. Secondary nutrients: S, Ca, Mg
c. Micronutrients: B, Co, Cl, Cu, Fe, Mn, Mo, Na, Si, Zn
Part 2. Site-specific information
Part 2. A.
1. Varieties planted
2. Crop density
3. Growing season
4. Cropping patterns
Part 2 B. Fertilizer Best Management Practices
on iPhone, iPad, AppleTV, PC. It's free.